Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and Manchester United Football Club. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
Science in Sport is looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to be responsible for all business supply channels and customers; included but not limited to export, online, marketplace and retail.
To take an active role in the development of the Supply Chain strategy involving all countries and particularly international markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Supply Chain / Logistics Team in a rapidly growing International business and for the individual to significantly influence the supply chain / international strategy and in turn the overall development of the business.
This role provides a significant opportunity to add value across the whole business, supporting growth, profitability and high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
Role & Responsibilities
Stock / KPI’s:
· Develops appropriate supply chain stategy to maximise customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
· Supports the Group Supply Chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed Key Performance Indicators. (KPI’s).
· Directs and coordinates US supply chain functions through strategy, resource, optimization, profitability maximization, and KPI’s resulting in ultimate customer satisfaction.
· Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
· Play a role in the communications of all sites globally both internally ran and 3PL’s, as well as taking part in the assessment of new markets in regions worldwide.
· Ensuring systems (interim solutions and new systems) function correctly across the supply chain e.g. logistics interface with sis.com; financial systems; inventory management.
Logistics / Operations:
· Works with the factory, warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up intercompany transfer or fulfillment to B2B / Marketplace customers.
· Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
· Monitors and corrects inventory levels at US 3rd party warehouses (SEKO) and internally to ensure rotation of stock and maximise working capital.
· Works with freight forwarders and transportation companies to set best route and rate. (Reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements).
· Implement and control processes to ensure seamless introduction of NPD into all markets.
· Collaborates with procurement department to determine best practice for freight in and freight consolidation.
· To understand and advise on the impact of import / export charges when entering new markets, with a particular focus on managing this out of siteform the end consumer (i.e DDP) giving a seamless customer experience.
· Management of US 3PL (SEKO) performance and relationships.
Reporting / Planning:
· Supports proper utilization of ERP system (SAP / MRP).
· Member of the operations staff, responsible to routinely report on departmental KPI’s along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures where necessary. (Scorecard)
· Develop lean processes of continuous improvement to ensure any identified problem areas are addressed and cleared.
· Organise promotional activity for stock clearance in line with company targets.
· Forecast and analyse shipment and stock data to ensure demand can be met across US 3PL and internally.
· Working alongside customer service and 3PL’s to ensure queries are responded to in line with agreed SLA’s, to maintain continued customer satisfaction.
Experience and Skillset
· Minimum 5 years experience within Supply Chain management, ideally within the FMCG industry
· International multi-site logistics experience as well as UK for both B2B and B2C logistical platforms.
· Have experience of successfully managing Amazon fulfilment via own and\or 3PL providers
· Awareness of International Culture and the ability to work effectively across multi-national cultures
· Proven track record of delivering successful change
· Commercially and financially astute
· Customer centric.
· Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills
· Proven track record of leading and developing high performing teams
· Attention to detail
· Resilient able to work in a fast-paced environment
· Flexible and adaptive, embraces change
· Team player, ability to work in a cross-functional, multi-site team
· Problem solving skills
· Solid knowledge of MS business applications (SAP, Excel, Word, Power Point)
Login and Registration Form