Super Strength Omega 3 1000mg - 90 Capsules (Unflavoured)
FREE GIFT WHEN YOU SPEND £60
Omega 3 fatty acids are compounds usually found in oily fish, two of which are of importance when supplementing fish oil into your daily diet: EPA and DHA. Both EPA and DHA are building blocks of immune cells, act as inflammatory mediators and support cardiovascular health.
Including a daily dose of Omega 3 can support normal immune function as well as brain, eye and heart health, whilst studies have shown taking Super Strength Omega 3 can lead to anaerobic endurance capacity and a reduction in muscle soreness following exercise.
More about the science behind Super Strength Omega 3
- Immune health - Both EPA and DHA are building blocks of immune cells and act as precursors of the inflammatory mediators: prostaglandins and leukotrienes (1, 2)
- Cardiovascular health - EPA and DHA elicit beneficial effects on cholesterol via increases in high-density lipoproteins (HDL) which plays an important role in transporting cholesterol to the liver to be expelled from the body (3, 4)
- Reduction in muscle soreness - supplementation with omega 3 has been linked to a reduction in the delayed onset of muscle soreness following eccentric muscle damaging exercise (5, 6). With lower perceived pain reported and decreased thigh circumference (6), this 48-hour post-exercise reduction in thigh circumference may indicate a reduction in muscle swelling and inflammation
- Increase in anaerobic endurance capacity - In a group of competitive football players, an increase in anaerobic endurance capacity was identified through increased distance covered in the Yo-Yo test (a high-intensity running protocol) when supplementing with omega 3 fatty acids compared to a placebo trial (7)
- Higher muscle oxygen uptake - an increase in nitric oxide production was linked to higher muscle oxygen uptake and increases in VO2 max have been seen in a group of endurance trained cyclists supplementing with omega 3 (8)
1. Gray, P., Gabriel, B., Thies, F., & Gray, S. R. (2012). Fish oil supplementation augments post-exercise immune function in young males. Brain, behavior, and immunity, 26(8), 1265-1272.
2. Andrade, P. M., Ribeiro, B. G., Bozza, M. T., Rosa, L. F. B. C., & do Carmo, M. G. T. (2007). Effects of the fish-oil supplementation on the immune and inflammatory responses in elite swimmers. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids, 77(3), 139-145.
3. Bernstein, A. M., Ding, E. L., Willett, W. C., & Rimm, E. B. (2011). A Meta-Analysis Shows That Docosahexaenoic Acid from Algal Oil Reduces Serum Triglycerides and Increases HDL-Cholesterol and LDL-Cholesterol in Persons without Coronary Heart Disease–3. The Journal of nutrition, 142(1), 99-104.
4. Eslick, G. D., Howe, P. R., Smith, C., Priest, R., & Bensoussan, A. (2009). Benefits of fish oil supplementation in hyperlipidemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. International journal of cardiology, 136(1), 4-16.
5. Tartibian, B., Maleki, B. H., & Abbasi, A. (2009). The effects of ingestion of omega-3 fatty acids on perceived pain and external symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness in untrained men. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 19(2), 115-119.
6. Mickleborough, T. D. (2013). Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in physical performance optimization. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism, 23(1), 83-96.
7. Gravina, L., Brown, F. F., Alexander, L., Dick, J., Bell, G., Witard, O. C., & Galloway, S. D. (2017). n-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation During 4 Weeks of Training Leads to Improved Anaerobic Endurance Capacity, but not Maximal Strength, Speed, or Power in Soccer Players. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism, 27(4), 305-313.
8. Żebrowska, A., Mizia-Stec, K., Mizia, M., Gąsior, Z., & Poprzęcki, S. (2015). Omega-3 fatty acids supplementation improves endothelial function and maximal oxygen uptake in endurance-trained athletes. European journal of sport science, 15(4), 305-314.
The Science in Sport Super Strength Omega 3 delivers high levels of EPA and DHA. These act as building blocks of immune cells and inflammatory mediators. It is well known that there is an inflammatory response to exercise and prolonged, heavy training can cause immunosuppression. Including a daily dose of omega 3 can support in normal immune function both post-exercise and in athlete populations. Omega 3 supplementation may also play a beneficial role in cardiovascular health.
Informed Sport Registered:
Our complete product range is developed using a world-class approach to banned substance testing, providing assurance for athletes. For more information on Informed Sport & our unique world class approach, click here.Suitable for: Gluten Free; Wheat Free; Nut Free; Lactose Free; Soya Free; Shellfish (Molluscs) Free
- Consume one Science in Sport Super Strength Omega 3 softgel, twice per day.
- Designed as a convenient and easy way to keep your Omega 3 levels topped up
|Per Serving (2 Softgels)|
|Omega 3 Fish Oil Concentrate||2000mg|
Ingredients:Fish Oil, Gelatine (Bovine), Glycerol, Water.