At Science in Sport, we push the boundaries of science and nutrition, so you can push the boundaries of performance. Working side by side with elite athletes in every field, our vision is to become the undisputed leader in our own. But becoming the world’s number one endurance nutrition brand isn’t easy. It takes world-class knowledge. Relentless product development. Testing. Resting. The trust of our athletes. Proven results, time after time. So every step we take, we break new ground. Every product. Every performance. Every innovation. Every moment of inspiration. Everything we do is Fuelled By Science.
SiS is currently the official sports nutrition partner to professional cycling organisations Team Ineos, British Cycling and Cycling Australia. SiS is also a partner USA Triathlon. Along with supplying over 40 professional English & Scottish League football teams, SiS is Sports Nutrition Partner to the world’s most popular football club, Manchester United FC. In addition, Olympians Sir Chris Hoy MBE, and Mark Cavendish MBE are Brand Ambassadors.
When you commit so much time, energy and determination to being the best you can be, you want a sports nutrition partner that truly understands endurance sport – one that you can trust to provide the best products and expert guidance.
Our experts, combined with feedback from the elite athletes such as Sir Chris Hoy and Katarina Johnson-Thompson, ensure Science in Sport continue to innovate and improve their existing range of trusted endurance nutrition products. Our passion means our products are truly trusted and recommended.
We test our products over and over again with different athletes and consumers. We do this to ensure we provide you with the right range of products with the best possible ingredients for your needs – so that you can focus on performing to the best of your ability.
That’s our promise – the best science to deliver the best products and the best advice for your sports nutrition.
We are proud to provide athletes with a range of nutritional products that help them to perform at their best. We could not do this without ensuring that our products are safe for athletes to use and therefore we have our products externally validated by World Class sports doping control laboratory, LGC, the laboratory behind informed sport.
Informed-Sport is a quality assurance program for sports nutrition products, suppliers to the sports nutrition industry, and supplement manufacturing facilities. The program certifies that all nutritional supplements and/or ingredients that bear the Informed-Sport logo have been tested for banned substances by the world class sports anti-doping laboratory, LGC.
World-Class Approach to Banned Substance Testing
The Science in Sport brand is trusted by professional and Olympic athletes in a range of sports, across the world. A key component of this trust is the Company’s approach to preventing banned substances entering its supply chain and finished products. Our enhanced regime is built on the following pillars:
- Every single batch of Science in Sport finished product which leaves the Company’s factory is screened against the 2020 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list. Banned substances including steroids are tested to the level of 10 Nanograms per gram, and stimulants to 100 Nanograms per gram
- Batches (sampled at the beginning, during and end of each product batch) receive the recognised and respected Informed Sport certificate and Science in Sport provides the documentation to athletes on request
The above standard of testing is carried out by only a handful of companies in the sports nutrition industry. In addition to this, Science in Sport also:
- Carries out pre-production testing of ingredients based on Risk Based Evaluation, to the same standard as finished product batches
- Maintains full trace management of all raw materials from raw material base and manufacturing supplier, through to finished goods manufactured per production batch
- Implements rigorous screening of all ingredient suppliers, including annual auditing
- Screens its production facility in Nelson, Lancashire, including swab testing and third-party inspections, throughout the year
Find our more about our Award-Winning range of Sports Nutrition
We've won a number of awards across our range of sports nutrition for our innovation and dedication to quality:
- 2018 Ecommerce Awards - Best Health & Beauty eCommerce
- 2017 The Running Awards - Nutrition Brand of the Year
- 2017 Functional Sports Nutrition Awards - Best Performance Products
- 2017 Runner's World Best Nutrition Product - Science in Sport GO Caffeine Shot
- 2017 Men's Health Award for Tastiest Protein Bar
- 2016 Men's Running Award for Best Pre-Race Nutrition Product - GO Hydro + Caffeine
- 2016 Men's Running Award for Best Healthy Snack & Protein Based product - WHEY20
- 2016 Men's Running Award for Best Post-race nutrition - REGO Rapid Recovery
- 2016 The Running Awards - Best Nutrition Brand
- 2015 Runner's World Personal Best Award for Best Nutritional Product - Science in Sport GO Energy + Caffeine Gel Double Espresso
- 2014 Functional Sports Nutrition Award for Best Energy Gel Product - GO Isotonic Energy Gel
- 2013 Tesco Healthcare Award for best Category Supplier of the Year
- 2013 Sweatshop Running Industry Award for Best Nutrition Product - GO Isotonic Energy Gel
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition company that develops, manufactures and markets sports nutrition products for professional athletes and sports enthusiasts. SiS is a strong brand in the elite athlete community - in the 2016 Rio Olympics, 34 medal-winning athletes or teams used SiS products (compared with 24 in 2012). The SiS core product ranges include: SiS GO, comprising energy powders, isotonic gels, energy bars and shots; SiS REGO, including protein-based recovery powders; SiS Protein, products specifically designed to contribute to athletes’ lean muscle mass growth and maintenance; SiS Supplements, comprising BCAA Perform, Creatine, Beta Alanine and L Glutamine; SiS Athlete Health, vitamins and supplements range designed to support and maintain immune function, digestive health and bone health. SiS products are sold in a range of retail channels, including specialist sport retailers, major grocers, high street retailers and e-commerce websites.