Job title: Head of Brand/Marketing
Location: Bay Area, San Francisco
Head of Brand/Marketing - US
We’re a fast-paced, direct to consumer company seeking a passionate brand marketer with a background of diverse experience to join our team. This role is critical in the day-to-day and long-term success of Science in Sport in the US market and has the potential to fuel your career with invaluable experience.
Our ideal candidate will have broad expertise – stretching across communications, brand activation, innovation, digital/social marketing, and partnerships – and an unparalleled work ethic. In addition to searching for a consumer-centric marketer, we’re looking for someone who will push our brand campaigns, partnerships, and activation to new heights while growing our athlete exposure.
If you’re passionate about endurance sports or sports nutrition, possess the ability to think strategically while rolling up your sleeves to drive execution, and have a strong desire to step into a bigger role by scaling a new brand, let’s talk.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Play a leading role in setting the strategic brand plans for the coming year
- Direct oversight of all in-country brand creative and digital execution
- Own the social media and PR calendar to drive brand engagement
- On-going product assortment management including new product launch plans
- Identify and negotiate influencer and new partnership contracts
- Work in tandem with channel leads to plan and execute activations to deliver revenue and brand KPIs
- Increase brand equity through activation at key industry events and conferences
- Design and execute ad hoc consumer research to better inform strategic direction
Person specification (qualifications, skills, competencies and experience)
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5+ years in progressive brand marketing roles
- Masterful oral, written, and PowerPoint communicator
- Proven track record of leading brand communications to deliver strong ROI
- Proactive leadership (read: hands-on execution of work)
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing tactics
- Quick, decisive thought leader with a ruthless 80/20 approach to prioritization
- Entrepreneurial spirit
We would love to hear from you and learn about why you would like to work for Science in Sport. To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager at [email protected] We will aim to respond to you within 14 days.