REGO Rapid Recovery Plus provides a complete recovery product to be consumed immediately after prolonged or intense exercise when you need to replenish your energy stores and promote muscle recovery. Contains a blend of Carbohydrate, Whey Protein, BCAAs, L-Glutamine with vitamins and minerals.
Rapid replenishment of your glycogen stores and the provision of protein help you to get the most from your training and prepare you for your next session
- • 24g of protein with 6g BCAAs to promote the rebuilding of muscle tissue
- • 38g of carbohydrate from maltodextrin
- • Additional 5g of L-Glutamine
- • Use after exercise to replenish your energy stores fast
Consume 1 x 70g serving (3 heaped scoops) of REGO Rapid Recovery Plus within 30 minutes of completing your tough training session/competition. Mix with 500ml of water, mixing it with milk will slow down the absorption rate.
REGO Rapid Recovery Plus contains high quality whey protein concentrate, which has a complete amino acid profile to which we have added an additional 2g of leucine and 5g of L-Glutamine to support muscle protein synthesis. Leucine is an amino acid which is known to switch on the signalling for muscle protein synthesis and L-Glutamine is known as the one of the most abundant essential amino acids, with anti-catabolic and immune properties. The blend of carbohydrate, protein, L-Glutamine and BCAAs thereby provides a recovery formula that can promote replenishment of muscle glycogen stores, muscle protein synthesis, gut function and rehydration.
Carbohydrate is your muscles main fuel for moderate to high intensity exercise. During training and competition, our bodies can absorb around 60-90g of carbohydrate per hour, meaning that demand will outstrip the supply of energy. This shortfall is met by using your glycogen stores, which must be replenished post exercise so you are able to perform well in your next session.
REGO Rapid Recovery Plus is tested under the Informed Sport Certification program. This approach involves testing every single batch of Science in Sport finished product which leaves the Company's factory, screened against the 2017 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list. Banned substances including steroids are tested to the level of 10 Nanograms per gram, and stimulants to 100 Nanograms per gram. Batches (sampled at the beginning, during and end of each product batch) receive the recognised and respected Informed Sport certificate and Science in Sport provides the documentation to athletes on request.
For nutritional information about the individual flavours please contact customer service. Example below is for Strawberries & Cream flavour.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Serving (70g)|
|of which saturates||1.9g||1.3g|
|of which sugar||3.5g||2.5g|
|Vitamin D||1.43mcg (29% RI)||1.0mcg (20% RI)|
|Vitamin E||4mg (33% RI)||2.8mg (23% RI)|
|Vitamin C||34mg (43% RI)||24mg (30% RI)|
|Thiamin||0.7mg (64% RI)||0.5mg (45% RI)|
|Riboflavin||0.8mg (60% RI)||0.6mg (42% RI)|
|Niacin||10.4mg (64% RI)||7.3mg (45% RI)|
|Vitamin B6||1.1mg (81% RI)||0.8mg (57% RI)|
|Folic Acid||71mcg (35% RI)||50mcg (25% RI)|
|Vitamin B12||0.6mcg (23% RI)||0.4mcg (16% RI)|
|Biotin||25mcg (51% RI)||18mcg (36% RI)|
|Pantothenic Acid||2.1mg (36% RI)||1.5mg (25% RI)|
|Iron||3.4mg (24% RI)||2.4mg (17% RI)|
|Zinc||2.9mg (29% RI)||2.0mg (20% RI)|
|Iodine||33mcg (21% RI)||23mcg (15% RI)|
|Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)||8.6g||6g|
*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kj/2000kcal)
Maltodextrin (from Maize)(55%), Whey Protein Concentrate (31%) (Milk, Soya), L Glutamine, L Leucine, Natural flavourings (2%), Thickener: Xanthan Gum, Colouring : Beetroot Red, Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Ascorbic Acid, Nicotinamide, Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Ferric Pyrophosphate, Zinc Sulphate, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Calcium Citrate, Folic Acid, Potassium Iodide, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin), Sweetener : Sucralose, Citric Acid.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
When should I take this?
- REGO Rapid Recovery Plus should be taken within 30 minutes for finishing exercising. It should be taken after high intensity or prolonged training sessions and competition where you have depleted your carbohydrate energy stores. It is highly relevant for those athletes who need to recover quickly in order to prepare for another training session or competition period.
What is the difference between REGO Rapid Recovery Plus and REGO Rapid Recovery?
- REGO Rapid Recovery Plus provides all of the benefits of REGO Rapid Recovery, but with increased carbohydrate content, use of whey protein and inclusion of additional Leucine and L-Glutamine. REGO Rapid Recovery Plus should be considered by athletes who are looking for an 'all in one' product to facilitate recovery after intense exercise by simultaneously promoting muscle glycogen re-synthesis, muscle protein synthesis and rehydration. It is relevant for both endurance and team sport athletes.
What is L-Glutamine?
- L-Glutamine is the most abundant non-essential amino acid found in muscle tissue. During periods of prolonged and intense exercise, both blood and muscle stores of glutamine can become depleted and remain reduced in the post-exercise recovery period. Glutamine is also an important energy source for immune and gut cells.
What does L-Glutamine do?
- L-Glutamine supplementation can help replenish the diminished Glutamine stores post-exercise. Glutamine supplementation before and after exercise may therefore improve muscle (promoted muscle recovery), immune and gut function.
What are the benefits of added Leucine?
- Leucine is the main BCAA that is used to produce energy during exercise and is also the key amino acid that stimulates muscle protein synthesis in the post-exercise recovery period.
What is the difference between REGO Rapid Recovery Plus and Whey Protein?
- Use REGO Rapid Recovery Plus when the aim is to quickly replenish your carbohydrate energy stores alongside promoting muscle recovery by also consuming protein. If your goal or activity does not deplete energy stores but you are still aiming to maintain muscle mass and promote muscle recovery by stimulating protein synthesis, then Whey Protein may be a better option.
What type of protein does this use?
- REGO Rapid Recovery Plus uses whey protein concentrate, which is a high quality protein source that is rich in BCAAs.
Why isn’t it suitable for vegans?
- REGO Rapid Recovery Plus contains milk (whey protein concentrate) and is unsuitable for vegans.
How many scoops per serving:
- Add 70g (approximately 3 scoops) to 500ml of water and mix well.
How much protein is there per serving?
- REGO Rapid Recovery Plus contains 24g of protein in total.
Does it mix/shake well?
- Yes, but for best results, mix with an SiS shaker
Verified ReviewsRated 4.5 out of 5 based on 50 Reviews
Good tast and easy on stomach
Great taste, easy to drink, not sure how my recovery would be without this but seems to work
Regular user after a long ride. It works for me.
I've used REGO for approx 5 years, By taking it as compared to not taking it within 30 minutes - the next day is so different. Taking it as soon as possible after getting home means that tomorrow my legs are still stiff from yesterdays exercise but are able to push just as hard on long hills/short sprints etc. If I ride away from home and wasn't taking it till 1 - 2 hours after cycling then tomorrow ( ignoring the ache from yesterday) my legs feel dead with no "get up and go" and long climbs were depressingly loooooooong.
This really hits the spot, always gives you that bit extra
Great tasting for such a complex shake. Provides all post ride nutrition and feeling of replenishment after hard riding.
Reasonable taste compared to some competitors. Seems to do the job: I generally don't ache the day after if I use this after cycling. Has occasionally caused mild gut issues for me which is why it doesn't receive 5 stars.
Terrible taste - I was so expecting normal REGO and got this instead.
Great taste and great impact.
Tastes great, and really speeds up recovery!
Very good, as expected
My favourite flavour, muscles dont feel achey the next day and has helped build muscle.
seems ok but doesn't mix as well or taste as good as normal Rego?!
best product so far. recovery mix with protein, bcaa, minerals and vitamins.
I have always given Chocolate flavor 5 stars up until I tried the lemon, Chocolate is still just as good but there is no 6 stars for lemon
Good flavour, and something you can trust
I tried the Rego Rapid Recovery a while ago and found it very good in helping with my recovery after strenuous exercise. I thought that if that was good the Rapid Recovery+ would be even better. MIstake! Mixing the recommended quantities of powder to water makes a drink that tastes like overly diluted hot chocolate powder. Not only that - no matter how long I shake the drink for I cannot get the powder to dissolve fully which results in the drink being full of bits that make it unpleasant to drink. I would not buy it again.
a good and tasteful product
Iv'e always used chocolate flavor up until now, now Iv'e tried the lemon I am finding that the lemon is easier to get down and feels more refreshing
I enjoy the taste of this too much. But that’s helpful because it really helps me recover and rebuild between bike rides
The mix is watery, prefer the thicker mix of Rego alone
I am 62 and have been training for 45 years. I started to get tired after training so I started using this. Not only am I no longer tired, I am seeing gains. Wish I'd used it years ago.
Best protein/recovery product available. Tastes great too.
The raspberry flavour is really good and it does seem to help with recovery after cycling. I use it after all interval training and rides exceeding 1 hour long. Would definitely recommend
Excellent recovery product does what it says on the tin, cannot fault it.
Helps me recovered me tired thighs after a hard ride
Very good taste and results
Awesome taste. Great recovery stuff. Easy to mix with water.
Prodotto ottimo,completo di tutto.
Good taste, nice consistency, easily digested - and mixes well.
Really helps with recovery
Usually order the Rego rapid recovery strawberry flavour and ordered this by mistake (my fault). I find the flavour watery and tasteless, and will definitely be ordering the original strawberry rapid Rego in future again as it is a great product.
Muito pobre, poderia ser mais rico em produtos
Perfect does exactly what it says
Not yet tested.
Does what it says on the ‘tin’. Tastes good, quick to use and appears to aid my recovery.
The best on the market I would say after using similar product for 25 years . It's quality
Awesome product makes recovery after a hard gym session or long day on the trails much faster and easily digested
Brilliant love the style and size just perfect
Thought I'd try a different flavour, was NOT disappointed. Lovely taste
Been using this for a year now and it helps a lot to recover after heavy excercises.
I expect it better but it is ok...!
I prefer the chocolate flavour, but this does the job just as well.