Job Title: Head of Retail Sales
Location: Bay Area, San Francisco
Head of Retail Sales - US
We’re in the market for a sales lead to help develop new relationships and grow distribution of Science in Sport products in the US. As we look to step change the scale of our retail sales business, we want someone to refine our channel strategy and increase our availability within brick and mortar stores.
Our ideal candidate will have direct selling experience and complete comfort building B2B relationships from the ground up. This individual will be responsible for the development of existing distributor relationships, on-going management of national accounts, and chasing new business opportunities. In addition to unparalleled competitiveness, we want someone with relentless follow through and resiliency, and a desire to exceed all objectives. If you’re passionate about selling a differentiated product, helping to scale a new-to-market brand, or working in the endurance sports space, let’s chat.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Own the annual channel strategy
- Developing the annual promotional and activation strategy for the retail channel
- Managing all existing distributor and national account relationships
- Identify and win new distribution in national and local accounts
- Owning the channel’s revenue and stock planning forecast
- Selling in the new product assortment to all accounts annually
- Playing a key supporting role in the development of annual brand and operating plans
Person specification (qualifications, skills, competencies and experience)
- Undergraduate degree required
- Masterful ability to build new relationships
- Proven track record of crushing performance targets
- Strong understanding of the specialty retail landscape
- At least 5 years in direct sales roles (preferably in consumer goods)
- A keen ability to operate independently
- Comfortable with regular (and extended) travel
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong written and oral communication
We would love to hear from you and learn about why you would like to work for Science in Sport. To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager at [email protected] We will aim to respond to you within 14 days.