Super Strength Omega 3 1000mg - 90 Capsules (Unflavoured)
UP TO 70% OFF CLEARANCE Shop Now
UP TO 70% OFF CLEARANCE Shop Now
Omega 3 fatty acids are compounds usually found in oily fish, two of which are of importance when supplementing fish oil into your daily diet: EPA and DHA. Both EPA and DHA are building blocks of immune cells, act as inflammatory mediators and support cardiovascular health.
Including a daily dose of Omega 3 can support normal immune function as well as brain, eye and heart health, whilst studies have shown taking Super Strength Omega 3 can lead to anaerobic endurance capacity and a reduction in muscle soreness following exercise.
1. Gray, P., Gabriel, B., Thies, F., & Gray, S. R. (2012). Fish oil supplementation augments post-exercise immune function in young males. Brain, behavior, and immunity, 26(8), 1265-1272.
2. Andrade, P. M., Ribeiro, B. G., Bozza, M. T., Rosa, L. F. B. C., & do Carmo, M. G. T. (2007). Effects of the fish-oil supplementation on the immune and inflammatory responses in elite swimmers. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids, 77(3), 139-145.
3. Bernstein, A. M., Ding, E. L., Willett, W. C., & Rimm, E. B. (2011). A Meta-Analysis Shows That Docosahexaenoic Acid from Algal Oil Reduces Serum Triglycerides and Increases HDL-Cholesterol and LDL-Cholesterol in Persons without Coronary Heart Disease–3. The Journal of nutrition, 142(1), 99-104.
4. Eslick, G. D., Howe, P. R., Smith, C., Priest, R., & Bensoussan, A. (2009). Benefits of fish oil supplementation in hyperlipidemia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. International journal of cardiology, 136(1), 4-16.
5. Tartibian, B., Maleki, B. H., & Abbasi, A. (2009). The effects of ingestion of omega-3 fatty acids on perceived pain and external symptoms of delayed onset muscle soreness in untrained men. Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine, 19(2), 115-119.
6. Mickleborough, T. D. (2013). Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids in physical performance optimization. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism, 23(1), 83-96.
7. Gravina, L., Brown, F. F., Alexander, L., Dick, J., Bell, G., Witard, O. C., & Galloway, S. D. (2017). n-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation During 4 Weeks of Training Leads to Improved Anaerobic Endurance Capacity, but not Maximal Strength, Speed, or Power in Soccer Players. International journal of sport nutrition and exercise metabolism, 27(4), 305-313.
8. Żebrowska, A., Mizia-Stec, K., Mizia, M., Gąsior, Z., & Poprzęcki, S. (2015). Omega-3 fatty acids supplementation improves endothelial function and maximal oxygen uptake in endurance-trained athletes. European journal of sport science, 15(4), 305-314.
The Science in Sport Super Strength Omega 3 delivers high levels of EPA and DHA. These act as building blocks of immune cells and inflammatory mediators. It is well known that there is an inflammatory response to exercise and prolonged, heavy training can cause immunosuppression. Including a daily dose of omega 3 can support in normal immune function both post-exercise and in athlete populations. Omega 3 supplementation may also play a beneficial role in cardiovascular health.
Informed Sport Registered:
Our complete product range is developed using a world-class approach to banned substance testing, providing assurance for athletes. For more information on Informed Sport & our unique world class approach, click here.Suitable for: Gluten Free; Wheat Free; Nut Free; Lactose Free; Soya Free; Shellfish (Molluscs) Free
|Per Serving (2 Softgels)|
|Omega 3 Fish Oil Concentrate||2000mg|
Ingredients:Fish Oil, Gelatine (Bovine), Glycerol, Water.
Who’s this best for?
Anyone with a low intake of oily fish. The majority of athletes will supplement with omega 3 specifically for the health and recovery benefits.
What level of EPA/DHA should I be taking?
The studies mentioned above showing benefit to performance and recovery referenced 600mg-1600mg of combined EPA and DHA per day.
Can I take Omega 3 alongside other vitamins?
Yes, you can.
Why Science in Sport?
The Science in Sport Super Strength Omega 3 has been formulated alongside the Ineos Grenadiers, to deliver optimal levels of EPA and DHA. Lower quality omega 3 supplements often under-dose these two active ingredients. The product is informed sport tested and sustainably sourced.