Job Title: Performance Nutritionist
Reports to: James Morton
Salary: Dependent on experience
House of work: Full-time
As part of the SiS Performance Solutions Team you will assist in the knowledge, planning and delivery of a world-class performance solutions programme to the elite partners of SiS. The focus of this role is to provide team wide and individual athletes with performance nutrition service provision and bespoke performance solutions in both the training and competition environments. Your performance delivery will be underpinned by best in class knowledge and delivered with best in class practitioner skills.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a fully embedded member of the SiS Performance Solutions team, you will embed yourself in the environments of SiS and their elite partners to:
- Assist in the development of knowledge, planning and delivery of a team wide performance focused nutrition programme that is specific to training and competition.
- Assist in the development of knowledge, planning and delivery of an athlete specific performance focused nutrition programme that is specific to training and competition.
- Assist with the design and delivery of performance nutritional coaching programme to athletes and staff.
- Collect and manage nutritional related data (e.g. macronutrient intakes, hydration, body composition, resting metabolic rate, physiological testing etc) that is underpinned by rigorous, valid and reliable data collection methods.
- Participate in all relevant conference calls and meetings.
- Maintain robust records of all nutritional interventions and track measureable outcomes.
- Ensure that all strategies are underpinned by best in class knowledge that relate to the core determinants of performance in the relevant sport.
- Maintain high performing relationships with all key stakeholders including: team principals / directors of performance, coaches, medical staff, team chefs and additional support staff.
- Maintain a high standard of professional conduct at all times, adhering to codes of conduct of relevant professional bodies and the WADA code.
- BSc Hons in Sport Science, Nutrition or Dietetics.
- MSc in Sport Nutrition, Nutrition or Dietetics or IOC Diploma in Sport Nutrition.
- Professional accreditation with recognised nutritional or dietetics association e.g. UK Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr), British Dietetics Association or European equivalent.
- ISAK Level 1 accreditation.
- UKAD Antidoping Advisor.
- Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene registered.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 2-3 years delivering performance nutrition services in a high performance sport environment.
- Experience of contributing a meaningful performance impact in endurance and/or weight sensitive sports.
- Experience of analysing the demands of the event to provide specific nutritional solutions.
- Experience of translating nutritional requirements to practical food solutions.
- Experience of designing, delivering and managing evidence based safe supplement programmes.
- Experience of working collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to change practice and staff and athlete behaviour.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent data collection, management and presentation skills.
- Ability to critically evaluate scientific research papers to provide practical solutions.
- Expectation to be field based, nationally and internationally, for up to 120 days per year so high degree of flexibility required"
- Essential: Fluent English Language
- Desirable: English and Spanish / Italian
- PhD in sport science related topic.
- Experience of working with athletes competing at the highest level of professional and Olympic sports.
We would love to hear from you and learn about why you would like to work for Science in Sport. To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager at email@example.com. We will aim to respond to you within 14 days.