Careers | Part Time Payroll Advisor
Our team is growing! We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Payroll Advisor to join our team. The successful candidate will initially be based from our Nelson office in Lancashire until Q1 2022 when our new and shiny purpose-built office and supply chain facility based in Blackburn is opened. This is a part time role for 20 hours a week and we are flexible on how this will work.
The successful candidate will manage monthly payroll for our employees located in UK, USA and Italy, ensuring it is processed on time, accurately and in line with relevant regulations. The successful candidate will support the HR team in maintaining and updating employee records and dealing with payroll related queries.
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and most recently the 2021 NBA playoff champions the Milwaukee Bucks. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
· Ensures the monthly payment of employees are paid on time.
· Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters.
· Maintains records of regular deductions from employees’ payments such as deductions like PAYE and NI.
· Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
· Preparing and issuing earnings statements.
· Issuing Payslips tax forms and related documentation and assisting employees to complete them.
· Resolving issues employees have with timesheets, payslips, and other payroll matters.
· Changing employee bank records when necessary to process payments accurately.
· Coordinates efforts between the payroll department and other departments such as the Human Resources and budget to ensure accurate employee data.
· Administer and monitors the use of the electronic time and attendance system.
· Assisting HR in general office duties.
· Maintains employees’ records, including the correct entry of changes in employee’s status, adding new starters to our systems.
· Ensures maximum compliance with laws and regulations.
· Ensures prompt update of all software for accurate payroll processing and administration.
· Prepares and applies accounting standard to all financial matters.
· Ensures the updating of the organisation’s payroll procedures.
· Processing pension payments for HR Manager to release.
Experience and Skillset
· Experience with Sage Payroll is essential.
· Have a degree (or equivalent experience) in any of Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
· At least 4 years’ experience in Payroll Administration.
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Sage’s Accounting software.
· Strong ability to maintain confidentiality in the course of work.
· Excellent Time Management skills.
· Strong ability to pay attention to detail and perform tasks accurately.
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge in the area of payroll taxes.
· Proficiency in the use of the timekeeping system will be an added advantage.
· Possess outstanding accounting and math skills.
· Ability to work with a team as well as with external auditors.