Careers | Influencer Marketing Executive – UK and US
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and Manchester United Football Club. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
The ambition of the Company is to exceed £100m in revenues in the next three years, with >70% of revenue from digital channels and a similar proportion of revenue derived from International markets. A key growth focus is Online, through our Magento-based phd.com and scienceinsport.com platform, together with a substantial Amazon & T-Mall business.
The business enjoys healthy gross margins given its vertically integrated model, product mix and channel mix. A new state of the art factory is planned to open in 2021. A significant percentage of net revenue is invested in brand equity and performance marketing, to drive the high revenue growth levels.
About the Role:
PhD is taking its influencer programme to the next level. We’re looking to build one of the best influencer programess in the sports nutrition space, and we’re looking for a superstar to join us on that journey.
If you know your dumbbells from your barbells and your pre-workout from your post-workout HIT US UP through the application button below.
What you’ll be doing:
- Finding the best up and coming talent within the sports, fitness, nutrition and health arenas
- Building relationships with talent, identifying commercial opportunities and working with creators to bring those ideas to life
- Pitching ideas for monthly events, Instagram lives and content series’
- Planning in-person activations across the marketing calendar
- Working on multiple brand marketing campaigns and launches that help PhD stand out, and bring the brand to life across multiple channels
What you’ll be getting:
- The chance to help shape the way consumers see the PhD brand
- Opportunities to travel and work with some of the best talent in the game
- The ability to work across multiple sports and genres: from football to NBA, lifestyle to fitness
- Managing budgets and ensuring the best ROI possible per creator
- Complete end-to-end relationship management from initial outreach to analytics and processing of payments
- Managing our agency partners and influencer campaigns including briefs, signing off creative, content, setting budgets and KPIs
- Use tools including Excel & Adobe Analytics amongst others to analyse and report on influencer performance weekly
- Liaising with Brand Marketing teams to amplify influencer content across multiple channels
Essential Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A genuine passion for the social and influencer scene
- Good knowledge of sport and/or the fitness industry at either a professional or personal level
- Experience in managing influencer campaigns and relationships at scale, with a wide range of objectives and KPIs
- An understanding of how influencers can play a key role in driving commercial value for brands
- An outgoing personality who enjoys spending time building great relationships
- Effective teamwork through collaboration and communication. Able to work well in a team setting and be accountable for own actions
- Live and breathe the digital space with the ability to adapt quickly and spot new content opportunities
- Ability to work with creators to bring creative briefs to life