Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Financial Controller
About Science in Sport
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition company that develops, manufactures and markets sports nutrition products for professional athletes and sports enthusiasts. The Science in Sport brand is strong in the elite athlete community, supplying elite, regularly tested athletes, national and professional teams for more than 15 years.
Our range of products are researched and developed by sport scientists in conjunction with international athletes. This scientific research underpins everything we do to ensure that all our products meet the exacting standards of Informed Sport.
This means that everything we do and every personal best you achieve with us, is FUELLED BY SCIENCE.
Science in Sport is looking for a new Finance Manager, qualified and with relevant sector experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing business as part of a small, professional finance team. The main aim of the Finance Manager role is to efficiently and accurately manage all financial transactions, queries and questions in a timely and professional manner. This will include regular collaboration with various departments across the business (including customer services, sales, supply chain), and management of two team members.
Excellent communication and leadership skills are essential.
Main duties and responsibilities
- During the month and at month-end accounting routines, gneral ledger journals and consolidation of management accounts
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Accounting for payroll, associated taxes, both in the UK (HMRC) and for international subsidiaries
- Preparation of VAT and sales tax returns for review in UK and for international subsidiaries
- Stock valuation and reporting
- Required weekly and monthly KPI outputs, including Sales and Margin by customer, product and channel
- Maintenance of the day to day SAGE and SAP ledgers
- Resolving accounting queries posed by the business, and accounting support for the Financial Controller in Nelson, and Group Financial Controller in London
- Management and development of the finance team; two accounts assistants (Sales ledger and Purchase ledger)
- Process and controls improvement & implementation
- Management and administration of HSBC online banking system, along with company credit card accounting
- Support in preparing financial information for year-end audit, half year interm accounts, and international subsidiaries
- Support in managing relationship with both external auditors, and external professional advisors, both in the UK and internationally
- Ad-hoc tasks as required
Person Specification (Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience)
- Qualified/newly qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience in a similar role and indistry (manufacturing/FMCG/e-commerce) would be highly desirable
- Experience of accounting for international subsidiaries and multi currencies
- Strong accounting, bookkeeping and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi task and organise accordingly
- Attention to detail
- Communicate financial information clearly and accurately
- Experience of managing staff
- Highly collaborative and ability to work as part of a team
- Motivated, with the will to succeed and can-do attitude
- Drive to represent the finance function professionally and as a value-added service in the business
- Computer literate including MS Excel (intermediate to advanced), Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with SAGE and SAP B1 highly desirable
We would love to hear from you and learn about why you would like to work for Science in Sport
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will aim to respond to you within 14 days.