Careers | Digital Designer
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
Digital Designer role reporting directly to the Content Marketing Manager. Responsible for delivering best in class brand assets and creative within a rapid growing, digitally focused and international sports nutrition business.
Working Hours/Days: Full Time
Role & Responsibilities
• Creation of multi-channel digital assets to support the international demands of the business across campaign, promotions, and new product launches.
• Management of multiple projects and stakeholders across international markets for e-commerce, CRM, paid media, and brand output
• The creative expert in establishing best practise delivery against the brand playbook, leading the evolution of our output to become industry leading
Required Experience and Skillset
• 4-5+ years’ experience within Digital Design / Branding
• Conceptualising, developing, and executing assets for digital distribution that include website banners, online ads, and social and email assets
• Experienced working across similarly aligned brands to that of PhD Nutrition and our partners
• Up to date knowledge of and excellent skills in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & InDesign & Adobe After Affects
• UX/UI knowledge is a plus, as is presentation design and Premiere would be a plus.
• Strong portfolio of web and digital based design and campaign work.
• Have excellent knowledge of the digital landscape, channels, and formats
• A passion for design, and the desire to keep up with new trends and technologies
• Be able to share your ideas effectively to senior internal stakeholders
• The confidence to own projects, manage workload and meet deadlines
• Passion for sport and fitness.