Careers | Commercial Finance Manager
This is a key role within the business providing accurate and timely information to influence decision making of key senior stakeholders across the business. A highly visible position with full scope available to understand and influence all areas of the business across Commercial, Supply Chain and Marketing.
• Pension Scheme, employer contribution at 4%
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Hybrid Working
• Product Discount
• Gym Membership
• Seasonal Ticket Loan
• Employee discount vouchers
• Employee Referral Award Scheme
• MVP Recognition Scheme
THE WORK - Your 4 most important tasks
• Financial performance management - Lead the performance management drumbeat to ensure accurate view of monthly P&L forecast, including full risks and opportunities
• Commercial reporting - Production of Monthly Management reporting pack in support of CFO for Executive and Board meetings
• Business partnering – Act as a partner to key functions across the business with a particular focus on our commercial leads; supporting identify opportunities and mitigate risk to drive improvement in the profitability of their revenue channels.
• Financial planning & Analysis - Support on full cycle of the budgeting process, including forecasting cost lines, consolidation and supporting analysis to feed into production of PLC Board presentation.
ACCOUNTABILITY – what you are responsible for delivering
• Oversee Daily sales tracker with support from Commercial leads and Customer service.
• Drive ownership of budgeted sales achievement through the provision of timely and accurate information and regular conversations with commercial leads.
• Use data and modelling to encourage action and commitment to maximise revenue generation; and similarly to identify and mitigate risk.
• Production of Weekly EBITDA report, including key insights on profitability across all sales channels and product lines
• Key analysis and production of Monthly Management accounts pack
• Analysis and support for all Sales channels, providing actionable insight to improve profitability
• Production of Budget reports, key analysis and final Board presentation pack alongside CFO and Head of Commercial Finance
CAPABILITY - the skills and behaviours required to do this job well
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• Business partnering – ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and influence key decision makers
• Financial modelling experience – including P&L, cashflow and Capex investment appraisals
• Previous Commercial Finance / FP&A experience preferred
PERFORMANCE – how you will know you are doing a great job
• Consistent production of weekly EBITDA reports, monthly management pack on time and accurate
• Analysis and actionable insights leading to increased profitability across sales channels
• Improving forecast accuracy across the P&L increasing the effectiveness of weekly EBITDA report
Specific metrics will be set when in role and will be reviewed and built upon regularly. Alongside this, you will be supported with a PDP that will enable you to continue improving your own performance and impact.
ATTRIBUTES – experience and mindset that will enable you to do well in this role
• Solution driven mindset
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Attention to detail with ability to see the big picture
• Experience working in an FMCG environment would be desirable