Beta Fuel Energy Chew - Orange - 60g
WORLD-LEADING OPTIMISED BETA FUEL IN A UNIQUE CHEW BAR
Our Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Chews deliver scientifically superior fuel in unique and satisfying chews. Part of an entire world-leading fuelling solution range that includes drinks and gels, they are super easy to consume and deliver 46 grams of carbohydrate to improve and maintain optimum performance.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY GEL CHEWS
As an endurance athlete exerting your body for periods typically longer than two hours, you need to take in between 80-120g of carbohydrate per hour. Our Science in Sport Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel Chews deliver 46g of fast carbs in a convenient and tasty chew, which have been optimised with a new ratio that enhances power output and increases carbohydrate usage efficiency without gastrointestinal discomfort.
NEW 1:0.8 RATIO REPLACES 2:1 RATIO
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose increases the percentage of ingested carbohydrate that is oxidized (known as efficiency) from 62% to 74% when compared with a ratio of 2:1
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose reduces self-reported symptoms of stomach fullness when compared with a ratio of 2:1
THE SCIENCE BEHIND BETA FUEL HAS EVOLVED
Through our Performance Solutions team, we've worked closely with elite athletes in the research and development of the new Beta Fuel range to bring you a scientifically superior fuel in a range of formats that allow you to use +17% more carbohydrate (O’Brien et al, 2013).
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances exogenous CHO oxidation compared with 2:1 ratio by 17% (O’Brien et al) and 10% (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances mean power output during 10 maximal sprint efforts by 3% compared with 2:1 ratio (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 increases % of ingested CHO that was oxidised (efficiency) from 62% (2:1) to 74% (1:0.8) (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 reduces symptoms of stomach fullness and nausea when compared with a ratio of 2:1 (O’Brien et al)
HOW AND WHEN TO USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY CHEWS
Each chew bar contains 46 grams of carbohydrate. Depending on your sport or event, you should aim to consume 1-3 chew bars every hour during exertion to reach an 80g-120g target intake. In some circumstances, such as cold weather, it may be necessary to consume more. Simply tear open and remove the chew bars from the packet. They can be consumed as a bar or broken into individual chews, which each chew containing approximately 7 grams of carbohydrate.
- Use alone or combine with other energy supplements from the Beta Fuel range to achieve hourly 80-120g carbohydrate intake.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Serving 60g|
|of which saturates||0.0g||0.0g|
|of which sugar||67g||41g|
*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kj/2000kcal)
Sugar, Water, Glucose Syrup, Fructose Syrup, Gelling Agent (Pectin), Colour (Carotenes), Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Natural Flavouring, Corn Starch, Glazing Agent (Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax)
not a fan really like eating lumps of jelly which is cheaper and you get more
These are good performance bars for training and competition. No upset bellies either
The product contained six chews which were all joined together and were very sticky, so opening a pack and having to break them apart when running was not convenient and left me with very sticky fingers. Would be much easier, if each chew was individual and you could cut the top of the pack and just squeeze one out when applying pressure to the bottom of the pack. They tasted good and were easy to digest.
Great taste and easy on the stomach to.
Great alternative to a gel
Have bought a few more, game changer for long rides
These are awesome. I have used them recently while training for an ultra and boy, they pack a punch. It was great to have them while on the way, no mess, no (massive) sticky fingers and the effect was quick and good. Either flavour (orange or lemon) is nice and natural. highly recommendable
Nice product first time using this product nice flavour and easy to consume 😁
Login and Registration Form