Beta Fuel Energy Chew - Lemon - 60g
WORLD-LEADING OPTIMISED BETA FUEL IN A UNIQUE CHEW BAR
Our Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Chews deliver scientifically superior fuel in unique and satisfying chews. Part of an entire world-leading fuelling solution range that includes drinks and gels, they are super easy to consume and deliver 45 grams of carbohydrate to improve and maintain optimum performance.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY GEL CHEWS
As an endurance athlete exerting your body for periods typically longer than two hours, you need to take in between 80-120g of carbohydrate per hour. Our Science in Sport Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel Chews deliver 45g of fast carbs in a convenient and tasty chew, which have been optimised with a new ratio that enhances power output and increases carbohydrate usage efficiency without gastrointestinal discomfort.
NEW 1:0.8 RATIO REPLACES 2:1 RATIO
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose increases the percentage of ingested carbohydrate that is oxidized (known as efficiency) from 62% to 74% when compared with a ratio of 2:1
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose reduces self-reported symptoms of stomach fullness when compared with a ratio of 2:1
THE SCIENCE BEHIND BETA FUEL HAS EVOLVED
Through our Performance Solutions team, we've worked closely with elite athletes in the research and development of the new Beta Fuel range to bring you a scientifically superior fuel in a range of formats that allow you to use +17% more carbohydrate (O’Brien et al, 2013).
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances exogenous CHO oxidation compared with 2:1 ratio by 17% (O’Brien et al) and 10% (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances mean power output during 10 maximal sprint efforts by 3% compared with 2:1 ratio (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 increases % of ingested CHO that was oxidised (efficiency) from 62% (2:1) to 74% (1:0.8) (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 reduces symptoms of stomach fullness and nausea when compared with a ratio of 2:1 (O’Brien et al)
HOW AND WHEN TO USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY CHEWS
Each chew bar contains 45 grams of carbohydrate. Depending on your sport or event, you should aim to consume 1-3 chew bars every hour during exertion to reach an 80g-120g target intake. In some circumstances, such as cold weather, it may be necessary to consume more. Simply tear open and remove the chew bars from the packet. They can be consumed as a bar or broken into individual chews, which each chew containing approximately 7 grams of carbohydrate.
- Use alone or combine with other energy supplements from the Beta Fuel range to achieve hourly 80-120g carbohydrate intake.
|Typical Values||Per 100g||Per Serving 60g|
|of which saturates||0.0g||0.0g|
|of which sugar||67g||41g|
*Reference intake of an average adult (8400kj/2000kcal)
Sugar, Water, Glucose Syrup, Fructose Syrup, Gelling Agent (Pectin), Flavouring, Acidity Regulator (Citric Acid), Corn Starch, Glazing Agent (Coconut Oil, Carnauba Wax), Colour (Turmeric Extract)
May contain Fish, Eggs.
Great taste and a good part of a high carbohydrate fuelling plan.
Great tasting energy source to provide an alternative taste and product in the fuelling strategy. Also softer on my teeth in comparison to traditional jelly sweets.
Excellent tasting carb source which is easy to digest. Great part of a fuelling plan.
Great product. Used for the first time recent. Easy to carry and tastes great. Easy to digest
Mr Phillip Whitlam
Great tasting energy giving chews. A bit hard to break into pieces though & quite sticky but still a good product.
Happy with chews, not yet used the bars
Great solid source of energy both in training and on race day
Nice and easy to digest carbs on the bike. Pure sugar and pure rocket fuel. Definitely buying these in the future as they taste like sweets.
Really nice taste and better than gels.
Great taste and not sweet I really like the texture and taste and you don’t get a sticky mess in your mouth. I will be using these during IRONMAN Frankfurt in June
Surprisingly tasty, easy to digest and great source of energy
These are awesome. I have used them recently while training for an ultra and boy, they pack a punch. It was great to have them while on the way, no mess, no (massive) sticky fingers and the effect was quick and good. Either flavour (orange or lemon) is nice and natural. highly recommendable
Different, but good, does the job well!