Job title: Marketplace Trading Director
Location: Hatton Garden, London
Marketplace Trading Director - UK
Science in Sport PLC is looking for a Head of Marketplaces to drive and own the global strategy for marketplaces across the group with a primary focus on Amazon and China (Tmall, JD.com) but not limited to these platforms alone. The right candidate is a deeply commercial and strategic thinker with demonstrated experience of building businesses on online marketplace platforms. Reporting directly to the Ecommerce Director you will be driving the strategy across both our brands: PhD Nutrition & SiS (Science in Sport).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Grow the business. Develop and define the digital strategies that drive growth across existing marketplaces.
- Identify new marketplaces opportunities for both brands and develop and coordinate Go To Market strategies involving all stakeholders.
- Amazon – develop existing strategy, systems and structure to drive Amazon growth across our key strategic markets for both brands.
- China – working closely with the CEO & Ecommerce Director to define the Go To Market strategy for both PhD Nutrition and Science in Sport.
- Work directly with channel representatives and market teams to drive growth.
- Identifying key trends, issues and recommending improvements.
- Managing key external relationships and negotiating best terms for the business.
- Working closely with operations to ensure continuous product availability.
- Manage A&P budget and driving a performance orientated approach to traffic, acquisition and promotional mechanics.
Person specification (qualifications, skills, competencies and experience)
- 5+ years account management experience of Ecommerce customers (including Amazon) in multiple markets with experience of both 1st party and 3rd party selling.
- 2+ years’ experience of marketplace management on Emerging Markets (AliExpress, Tmall, JD.com or other) developing or executing the GTM strategy either directly or via a trade partner.
- Masters degree with focus on Business Administration, Communication or IT or related areas.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (both written and spoken). Knowledge of any other European language would be a plus.
- Demonstrable experience of growth.
- Significant experience working internationally, preferably for international brands and experience growing businesses outside of UK.
- Experience managing complex JBP and annual terms negotiation with Amazon across Europe/Global. Advanced user of Amazon Vendor, Seller and Advertising platforms and technology.
- Exceptional commercial skills, including margin analysis and forecasting. Minimum £25m revenue management.
- Proven experience of stakeholder management within complex enterprise-led organisations.
- Ability to work at both a strategic level and operational level within a relatively small team.
- Ideally an interest in sport, fitness and health.
We would love to hear from you and learn about why you would like to work for Science in Sport. To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to our HR Manager at [email protected] We will aim to respond to you within 14 days.
Opening and Closing Date: 20th September 2019 – 19th October 2019