Everything we do is Fuelled by Science
HistoryA bit about what we've been getting up to
Fuelled By ScienceWhat we believe
Elite Connections An Unrivalled Team of Athletes
Quality Commitment100% quality is our priority
Informed Sport An Industry-leading approach to banned substance testing
AwardsFind our more about our Award-Winning range of Sports Nutrition
What We've Been Getting Up To
Science in Sport is a leading sports nutrition company that develops, manufactures and markets innovative sports nutrition products for professional athletes and sports enthusiasts. SiS was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in London, EC1N. Our manufacturing facility is in Nelson, Lancashire.
SiS has three core product ranges: SiS GO, comprising of energy powders, isotonic energy gels, energy bars and hydration tablets; REGO, the complete recovery product; and PROTEIN which includes whey protein, Advanced Isolate, Overnight Protein and the biggest innovation in protein in years - WHEY20. SiS products are sold in a range of retail channels, including specialist sport retailers, major grocers, high street retailers and online.
We have been supplying elite, regularly tested athletes, national and professional teams for more than 15 years. SiS is a strong brand in the elite athlete community - in the 2012 London Olympics, 24 medal-winning athletes or teams used SiS products and in Rio 2016 another 34 medals were SiS Fuelled. We also fuelled Team Sky to victory in the 2016 Tour de France.
Fuelled By Science
We believe that the most sophisticated piece of sports equipment you’ll ever own is your body. If you don’t put high performance sports nutrition in, you won’t get your full potential out.
Our range of products are researched and developed by sports scientists in conjunction with international athletes. This scientific research underpins everything we do to ensure that all our products meet the exacting standards of Informed Sport. This means that everything we do and every personal best you achieve with us, is FUELLED BY SCIENCE.
An Unrivalled Team of Athletes
Sir Chris Hoy, Britian's Greatest Olympian is both an SiS Ambassador and Elite Consultant to the brand. Mark Cavendish, one of the world's most prominent and successful road & track cyclists, is also an elite consultant - it's these relationships which keep SiS at the forefront of endurance sports nutrition innovation.
In addition, SiS is currently the official sports nutrition supplier to Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Team Sky, USA Cycling and Liverpool FC. We also work as the official supplier to the English Institute of Sport (EIS).
Our elite relationships are a direct result of our unrivalled approach to banned-substance testing and our world-class science team.
100% Quality is Our Priority
When you commit so much time, energy and determination to being the best you can be, you want a sports nutrition partner that truly understands endurance sport – one that you can trust to provide the best products and expert guidance.
Our experts, combined with feedback from the elite athletes such as Sir Chris Hoy and Katarina Johnson-Thompson, ensure SiS continue to innovate and improve their existing range of trusted endurance nutrition products. Our passion means our products are truly trusted and recommended.
We test our products over and over again with different athletes and consumers. We do this to ensure we provide you with the right range of products with the best possible ingredients for your needs – so that you can focus on performing to the best of your ability.
That’s our promise – the best science to deliver the best products and the best advice for your sports nutrition.
We are proud to provide athletes with a range of nutritional products that help them to perform at their best. We could not do this without ensuring that our products are safe for athletes to use and therefore we have our products externally validated by World Class sports doping control laboratory, HFL Sports Science, the laboratory behind informed sport.
An Industry-leading approach to banned substance testing
What is Informed Sport?
Informed-Sport is a quality assurance program for sports nutrition products, suppliers to the sports nutrition industry, and supplement manufacturing facilities. The program certifies that all nutritional supplements and/or ingredients that bear the Informed-Sport logo have been tested for banned substances by the world class sports anti-doping laboratory, LGC.
World-Class Approach to Banned Substance Testing
The SIS brand is trusted by professional and Olympic athletes in a range of sports, across the world. A key component of this trust is the Company’s approach to preventing banned substances entering its supply chain and finished products. Our enhanced regime is built on the following pillars:
- Every single batch of SIS finished product which leaves the Company’s factory is screened against the 2017 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list. Banned substances including steroids are tested to the level of 10 Nanograms per gram, and stimulants to 100 Nanograms per gram
- Batches (sampled at the beginning, during and end of each product batch) receive the recognised and respected Informed Sport certificate and SIS provides the documentation to athletes on request
The above standard of testing is carried out by only a handful of companies in the sports nutrition industry. In addition to this, SIS also:
- Carries out pre-production testing of ingredients based on Risk Based Evaluation, to the same standard as finished product batches
- Maintains full trace management of all raw materials from raw material base and manufacturing supplier, through to finished goods manufactured per production batch
- Implements rigorous screening of all ingredient suppliers, including annual auditing
- Screens its production facility in Nelson, Lancashire, including swab testing and third-party inspections, throughout the year
Find our more about our Award-Winning range of Sports Nutrition
We've won a number of awards across our range of sports nutrition for our innovation and dedication to quality:
- 2016 Men's Running Award for Best Pre-Race Nutrition Product - GO Hydro + Caffeine
- 2016 Men's Running Award for Best Healthy Snack & Protein Based product - Whey20
- 2016 Men's Running Award for Best Post-race nutrition - REGO Rapid Recovery
- 2016 The Running Awards - Best Nutrition Brand
- 2015 Runner's World Personal Best Award for Best Nutritional Product - SiS GO Energy + Caffeine Gel Double Espresso
- 2014 Functional Sports Nutrition Award for Best Energy Gel Product - GO Isotonic Energy Gel
- 2013 Tesco Healthcare Award for best Category Supplier of the Year
- 2013 Sweatshop Running Industry Award for Best Nutrition Product - GO Isotonic Energy Gel