Informed Sport Registered
What is Informed Sport?
Informed-Sport is a quality assurance program for sports nutrition products, suppliers to the sports nutrition industry, and supplement manufacturing facilities. The program certifies that all nutritional supplements and/or ingredients that bear the Informed-Sport logo have been tested for banned substances by the world class sports anti-doping laboratory, LGC.
World-Class Approach to Banned Substance Testing
The SIS brand is trusted by professional and Olympic athletes in a range of sports, across the world. A key component of this trust is the Company’s approach to preventing banned substances entering its supply chain and finished products. Each year an internal review of the banned substance prevention regime takes place, and from January 2017 an upgraded system has been implemented. The enhanced regime is built on the following pillars:
- Every single batch of SIS finished product which leaves the Company’s factory is screened against the 2017 World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) list. Banned substances including steroids are tested to the level of 10 Nanograms per gram, and stimulants to 100 Nanograms per gram
- Batches (sampled at the beginning, during and end of each product batch) receive the recognised and respected Informed Sport* certificate and SIS provides the documentation to athletes on request
The above standard of testing is carried out by only a handful of companies in the sports nutrition industry. In addition to this, SIS also:
- Carries out pre-production testing of ingredients based on Risk Based Evaluation, to the same standard as finished product batches
- Maintains full trace management of all raw materials from raw material base and manufacturing supplier, through to finished goods manufactured per production batch
- Implements rigorous screening of all ingredient suppliers, including annual auditing
- Screens its production facility in Nelson, Lancashire, including swab testing and third-party inspections, throughout the year
Every Athlete Matters
Chief Executive Stephen Moon commented:
“We are confident that this leading, full supply chain approach to preventing banned substances across our product range, is best in class in the sports nutrition industry. All of our athletes and teams, including elites and professionals, rely not only on the proven performance of the SIS range, but also the safety of its products. We are pleased to be able to offer this new standard to all SIS customers across the world of sport.”
*Informed Sport (Informed Choice in the USA) is a globally-recognised quality assurance programme for sports nutrition products, suppliers to the sports nutrition industry, and supplement manufacturing facilities.